Tuesday, July 19, 2016

OK, Now's She's Really Scaring Us!

We Izzy Elves really were shocked when we saw this latest post that Deedy (that's Dorothea Jensen to you) wrote about how long it has taken for her to re-start writing this historical fiction novel for kids. We sincerely hope it doesn't take her this long to finish writing our stories!

Love,

Bizzy, Blizzy, Dizzy, Fizzy, Frizzy, Quizzy, Tizzy, and Whizzy

(Here is our picture, in case you've forgotten what we look like. Sigh.)


Now here's Deedy:

***

I know "Tempus Fugit", but how shocking is THIS!


The 17th century house in Wethersfield, CT, that might have been the setting for The Witch of Blackbird Pond, one of my childhood favorites. My new story will be set in the same era, albeit in Massachusetts instead of Connecticut.


So I am starting to work on a new book for young readers, set in 1675 in the colony of Massachusetts. Its working title is "A Scalp on the Moon".  (I'll explain why later.)

I actually came up with the idea for this story a long time ago, did lots of research, took lots of notes, and wrote the first three chapters. Then, for a variety of reasons, I stopped working on it.

I knew it was quite a few years since I did anything with Scalp, but when I found the box in which I'd stowed away what I'd done so far, I was in a for a genuine shock.

The date I found on the notes I had taken was (are you ready for this?) 1993!

TWENTY THREE YEARS AGO!

Good grief.

Better get back to work before any more tempus fugits!


No comments:

Post a Comment